Discover the perfect harmony of indulgence and nutrition with our Creamy Peanut Butter Banana Avocado Smoothie. This protein-rich delight takes your taste buds on a journey through velvety textures and rich flavors, all while delivering a powerful punch of essential nutrients.
If you’re looking for a satisfying and wholesome way to start your day or refuel after a workout, this smoothie ticks all the boxes.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
- Adding protein powder this smoothie will give you up to 30 grams of protein per serving! That will keep you full and satisfied until lunch.
- It tastes like a banana peanut butter milk shake without all the added sugar!
- It is added sugar free! Many smoothie recipes call for maple syrup, honey, or vanilla, not this one, we simply embrace the delicious combination of ingredients.
- A high fibre smoothie delivered from a fresh avocado will keep your blood sugars intact which will help avoid any energy crashes most smoothies provide!
- Peanut Butter – To keep this recipe low in sugar for the glycemic index, I prefer to use All Natural Peanut Butter. It’s quite easy to find this out, if you like at the ingredients panel there should be nothing but peanuts as the ingredient. There will be no added sugar which is great!
- Protein Powder – This is an optional ingredient but it really helps to improve the smoothie by regulating your blood sugars and increasing your energy! Without protein powder, this smoothie would be largely a high glycemic index meal which may lead to energy crashes.
- Water or Milk – You can use milk in place of water for this recipe if you want to increase the calories, protein and fat content (All nutritious ingredients!). I prefer to use water as the base for my smoothies, but this is only a preference not a requirement.
- Extra Ingredients – You can add any type of extra fruit, ground flax seed, hemp hearts, or other ingredients that you love to increase the nutritional value!
Steps to Make
For more details, see the recipe card below.
Step #1 In a blender add all the ingredients and pulse for approximately 1-2 minutes for peak creaminess.
Step #2 Serve and enjoy!
Protein Powder: This is optional, but strongly recommended. You can add in vanilla or chocolate for different recipe variations.
Yogurt: If you want to up the creamy factor as well increase protein, add in some greek yogurt. This will make it have a richer taste!
Peanut Butter: You can use any type of peanut butter that you like, but I prefer the all natural to avoid unnecessary sugar.
Tip #1: If this mixture is too thin, you can add in some Greek Yogurt, this will make it richer and creamier in taste.
Tip #2: If the mixture is too thick, add in more liquid, milk or water to thin out the mixture.
Frequently Asked Questions
A common misconception is that this smoothie will taste like Avocados or Spinach, but not at all! You truly won’t even notice that they are in the smoothie, they simply add to the nutritional value and add extra creaminess!
This smoothie will taste like a banana peanut butter smoothie with a nice sweet texture!
Avocados are RICH in healthy fats and high in fibre. A healthy fat helps to promote good heart health, and the omega-3 fatty acids have been shown to improve brain function. A fruit rich in fibre helps to move your digestive system along, keeping you regular! It does also help those with high cholesterol to help improve blood flow.
Adding in a full avocado will increase the calories and fibre.
Adding in 1-2 scoops of protein powder will give about 30 grams of protein per serving!
Adding hemp hearts, flax seed, extra peanut butter, extra banana will all increase the calories.
Other Recipe You’ll Love
Creamy Banana Avocado Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 1 Blender
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 Banana
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder Optional
- 1 Tbsp All Natural Peanut Butter
- Place all ingredients into the blender and pulse for approximately 1-2 minutes for a smooth and creamy texture.
- You can use a fresh or frozen banana. A frozen banana will create a thicker and creamier texture.
- To increase the protein in the smoothie you can add 1-2 scoops of protein powder, Premier Protein Vanilla Milkshake is my favourite!
- You can also swap in chocolate protein powder and cocoa powder for a chocolatey flavour.
- You can use any type of milk in place of water to make the flavour and calorie content increase.