Indulge in a delightful fusion of freshness and nutrition with our Sweet Cucumber Strawberry Smoothie. Packed with vibrant strawberries and crisp cucumbers, this invigorating blend offers a burst of flavor that will awaken your taste buds.
What sets this smoothie apart is its boasts 30 grams of protein! Making it the perfect choice for a satisfying and health-conscious breakfast or post-workout refuel.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
- It has such a sweet strawberry vanilla taste, it tastes just like a strawberries and cream smoothie!
- The cucumbers add a simple refreshing taste and a perfectly smooth texture!
- The Vanilla Cream Protein Powder adds a sweet vanilla taste that blends perfectly with the strawberries and cucumbers. The 30 grams of protein will leave you feel full so you won’t be reaching for snacks.
- With ground flax seed blended in you get the bonus of healthy fats that are also high in fibre, which helps to keep you regular.
- Water – I like to use water but you can swap it out for milk to add extra protein, vitamin C, calcium and calories! It will also add a great rich flavour if you use 2% milk!
- Vanilla Protein Powder – I recommend Vanilla Cream Premier Protein powder for its delicious flavour. But you can use any type of vanilla protein powder that you like. I find that vanilla flavour works the best in this recipe.
- Ground Flax Seed – These add some great healthy fats and fibre to the recipe, but you can switch out for hemp hearts, crushed walnuts, or avocado.
- Strawberries – You can use fresh or frozen for this recipe, frozen will make it a thicker texture more like a milkshake.
- Bananas – You can use fresh or frozen as well, frozen will also add a nice thick texture just like the strawberries.
Steps to Make
Place all the ingredients in a blender and run it for 1-2 minutes depending on how strong your blender is. It should be a smooth texture when you’re finished.
Yogurt – Adding a creamy greek yogurt to the mix will add some extra protein and creaminess to the smoothie. Add 1/2 cup to get the perfect texture to your mixture!
Strawberries – You can add in any type of berry that you like to this smoothie! Frozen mixed berries would work perfectly in this smoothie as well.
Tip #1: Adding the frozen ingredients last to your smoothie will help it blend better. Some blenders have a hard time if the frozen items are at the bottom, so add these ingredients last.
Frequently Asked Questions
Adding in greek yogurt, avocado and frozen bananas will help to make the texture thicker and creamier. A vanilla greek yogurt will also add extra creaminess!
Reducing the amount of liquid in a smoothie will help to make it thicker. You can reduce by half, and if needed add little by little until it is your preferred texture.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Cucumber Strawberry Smoothie
- 1 Blender
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Strawberries
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Cucumbers
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Ground Flax Seed
- Add all ingredients into a blender and turn on for approximately 1 minute or until smooth.Enjoy!
- You can use fresh or frozen strawberries for this recipe. Frozen strawberries will give it a thicker texture.
- Peel at least half of the cucumber skin off, you can simply use a vegetable peeler and take off strips around half of it. You can also fully remove the skin, this will make it blend smoother.
- You can swap the water for milk if you want a richer taste and more calories and protein.
- I recommend sticking with a vanilla protein powder for the flavour of the smoothie.