This walnut feta beetroot salad is a nutritional powerhouse, packed with heart-healthy fats from walnuts and protein-rich feta. The combination of earthy beetroots and tangy feta creates a flavorful experience that’s both satisfying and beneficial for your health.
You’ll have people begging you for the recipe when they try it!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe!
- This recipe comes together in just minutes! If you’re using canned beets, you have essentially no prep work at all!
- The feta cheese adds a rich fatty taste to it, enhancing all of the other ingredients flavour! Then the crushed walnuts add the perfect crunchy texture that is delightful!
- The fresh roasted potatoes and beets add such a rich sweet flavour and texture to the dish.
- The sweet dressing has just the perfect mixture of tang from the balsamic vinegar and a slight sweet taste from the maple syrup!
Steps to Make
For more details, see the recipe card below.
Step #2 Mix together all the salad ingredients.
Step #3 Mix together salad dressing ingredients and shake well.
Step #4 Pour dressing mixture over salad and stir well, serve and enjoy!
- Beets – This recipe uses the Roasted Potatoes and Beets recipe. But you can use canned beets for this salad recipe if you want.
- Spinach – I used spinach, but you can use any type of salad mixture for this recipe. Spinach is rich in antioxidants which is a cancer fighting property!
- Olive Oil – I prefer to use olive oil in salad dressings, not only for the health properties, but also the soft taste. But you can swap it out for avocado or canola oil.
Tip #1 – This salad is best tasting when prepared fresh! If you want to store it and have it over a few days, do not add the dressing, only add the dressing when you’re ready to eat it.
Tip #2 – The dressing can be made in larger batches and kept in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 days, beyond that the mixture doesn’t taste as good. Be sure to shake thoroughly before pouring on the salad.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you make it ahead of time, leave the dressing off. The dressing will make the spinach soggy if it’s left on too long. Add the dressing when you’re ready to serve.
No, I like fresh beets because they have a nice flavour and crunch to them. They’re also quite inexpensive. But you can use any kind of roasted beets or canned beets for this recipe. I wouldn’t use frozen beets as the texture wouldn’t be great.
If you’ve put the dressing on the quality will decrease quickly. You can store the salad mixture for up to 2 days without the dressing on.
Other Recipes You’ll Love
Here is the delicious Roasted Potatoes and Beet recipe to go with this salad!
Walnut Feta Beetroot Salad
- 2 large Roasted Beets See Roasted Potatoes and Beet Recipe
- 4 Cups Spinach
- 1/4 Cup Feta
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Walnuts
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Maple Syrup
- 1 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- In a large bowl add the spinach, walnuts, feta cheese, and roasted potatoes and beet mixture. Stir until mixed well.
- Place all ingredients in a closed container and shake very well until it looks like it is all mixed together.
- Pour the salad dressing over the salad mixture and stir well making sure that everything is coated well with salad dressing.
- This salad can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 2 days for best quality.
- If you want to keep it for a few days, do not mix the salad dressing in. Keep ingredients separate and simply mix together when ready to serve.
- This recipe uses the beets from the Roasted Potatoes and Beet recipe, but you can also use canned beets for it.